Yuanta Fin says to bid for South Korea's Tongyang Securities
TAIPEI Feb 26 (Reuters) - Yuanta Financial, the parent of Taiwan's biggest brokerage firm, said on Wednesday it will bid for a controlling stake in South Korea's Tongyang Securities.
The move comes after Taiwan's top financial regulator William Tseng said recently he would encourage brokerages to increase investments overseas in part because the Taiwanese market is crowded and fragmented. (Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Paul Tait)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |