Telekom Austria keeps dividend at 0.05 eur for 2014
VIENNA Feb 26 (Reuters) - Telekom Austria said it would keep its dividend at 0.05 euros ($0.07) for a third year running as sales continued to decline amid tough competition in its mature markets.
The company, which is expected to be the target of a takeover bid by Carlos Slim's America Movil, said on Wednesday fourth-quarter core profit fell 18 percent on sales that declined by 6 percent.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) adjusted to exclude special items were 262 million euros, missing the average estimate of 280 million euros in a Reuters poll, while sales of 1.056 billion euros were just short of the poll average. ($1 = 0.7282 euros) (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Michael Shields)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds