Ukraine's Yanukovich has been put on the international wanted list: prosecutor general
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovich has been put on the international wanted list, prosecutor-general Oleh Makhnytsky said on Wednesday.
Ukraine's new authorities say that Yanukovich, who was ousted by parliament on Saturday after three months of street unrest and has gone into hiding, is wanted for 'mass murder' connected with the shooting deaths of protesters during the crisis.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing By Richard Balmforth)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief