Ukraine's Yanukovich has been put on the international wanted list: prosecutor general
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovich has been put on the international wanted list, prosecutor-general Oleh Makhnytsky said on Wednesday.
Ukraine's new authorities say that Yanukovich, who was ousted by parliament on Saturday after three months of street unrest and has gone into hiding, is wanted for 'mass murder' connected with the shooting deaths of protesters during the crisis.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing By Richard Balmforth)
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter