Ukraine's Yanukovich has been put on the international wanted list: prosecutor general
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovich has been put on the international wanted list, prosecutor-general Oleh Makhnytsky said on Wednesday.
Ukraine's new authorities say that Yanukovich, who was ousted by parliament on Saturday after three months of street unrest and has gone into hiding, is wanted for 'mass murder' connected with the shooting deaths of protesters during the crisis.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing By Richard Balmforth)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales