Whiting swings to Q4 loss as exploration, interest costs spike
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Oil and natural gas producer Whiting Petroleum Corp posted a quarterly loss on Wednesday as exploration and interest costs jumped.
For the fourth quarter, the company posted a net loss of $59.3 million, or 50 cents per share, compared with a net profit $81.4 million, or 69 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose 25 percent to $720.5 million.
Production rose 17 percent to 100,960 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |