Brazil fourth-quarter GDP up 0.7 pct after decline in Q3
SAO PAULO Feb 27 (Reuters) - Brazil's economy grew 0.7 percent in the fourth quarter following a downturn in the third quarter, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Gross domestic product had been expected to grow 0.3 percent in the fourth quarter, according to the median forecast of 43 analysts polled by Reuters. In the July to September quarter, the economy contracted 0.5 percent.
The economy grew 1.9 percent in the fourth quarter compared to a year earlier, IBGE said. That surpassed expectations by analysts polled by Reuters for growth of 1.6 percent.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data