Brazil's growth surprised government, will last in 2014-Mantega
BRASILIA Feb 27 (Reuters) - The pace of Brazil's economic recovery in the fourth quarter of 2013 surprised the government and indicates a moderate rate of expansion this year, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Thursday.
Brazil's economy expanded 0.7 percent in the fourth quarter compared to the third quarter, the government statistics institute said on Thursday.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped