Canada blocks NextWave-Inukshuk spectrum transfer request
TORONTO Feb 27 (Reuters) - Canada said on Thursday it has declined a request to transfer 83 wireless spectrum licenses from NextWave to Inukshuk, which is owned by Rogers Communications and BCE Inc's Bell Canada unit.
Canada's Industry Minister James Moore, in a brief release, said the license transfer would have led to unacceptable levels of concentration of spectrum in the hands of incumbent carriers and negatively affected competition in the region.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California