Essilor to buy Coastal Contacts for C$430 million
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Essilor International will buy Coastal Contacts Inc , a digital retailer of eyeglasses and contact lenses, for C$430 million ($388.2 million), Coastal said on Thursday.
Essilor will buy all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Coastal.com for C$12.45 per share, representing a premium of about 20 percent to Coastal stock's Wednesday close on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Last year Essilor bought Costa Inc, a maker of premium sport sunglasses, for $270 million to tap into the growing prescription sun lens market.
The Coastal.com board has recommended that shareholders of Coastal.com vote in favour of the agreement, Coastal said in a statement.
The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2014, Coastal said.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data