Bayer buys Chinese OTC drugmaker Dihon
FRANKFURT Feb 27 (Reuters) - Germany's Bayer said it would buy Dihon Pharmaceutical Group Co, a privately held pharmaceutical company specialising in over-the-counter (OTC) and herbal traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) products.
Bayer said on Thursday it expected the deal to close in the second half of 2014, without providing financial details.
Dihon, which has several manufacturing sites throughout China, has about 2,400 employees and generated sales of 123 million euros ($168.1 million) in 2013, Bayer said.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest