German unemployment falls to lowest level since Sept 2012
BERLIN Feb 27 (Reuters) - German unemployment fell more than expected in February, hitting its lowest level since September 2012 on a seasonally adjusted basis, Labour Office data showed on Thursday.
The number of people out of work decreased by 14,000 to 2.914 million, the data showed. The mid-range forecast in a Reuters poll had been for a drop of 10,000.
The jobless rate held steady at 6.8 percent, in line with the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan