Kohl's expects modest sales gains in new fiscal year
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Kohl's Corp said on Thursday that it expected modest sales gains in its new fiscal year and reported a lower fourth-quarter profit, hurt by markdowns during the holiday season and higher shipping costs in its e-commerce business.
Kohl's forecast comparable sales, which include those online and at stores open at least a year, to range between unchanged and up 2 percent this year, with earnings of $4.05 to $4.45 per share.
The department store chain reported a profit of $334 million, or $1.56 per share, for the fourth quarter ended Feb. 1, down from $378 million, or $1.66 a share, a year earlier.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |