CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as Valeant, CIBC gain
TORONTO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Thursday, boosted by advances in shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce after the companies reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 26.16 points, or 0.18 percent, at 14,214.74. Seven of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia