RPS Group profit up on N.American shale, UK property recovery
Feb 27 (Reuters) - RPS Group, an infrastructure and resources consultant, posted a 5 percent jump in full-year profit, benefiting from the North American shale gas boom and a recovery in the commercial property sector in Britain.
London-listed RPS Group, which advises companies in the property, transport, nuclear and oil and gas sectors, said a slowdown in the Australian resources sector had meant a substantial decline in profit at its Australia-Asia Pacific unit.
Profit before tax and amortisation rose to 63 million pounds ($104.8 million) in the year ended Dec. 31, compared with 60.1 million pounds a year earlier. Revenue increased 2 percent to 567.6 million pounds for the period.
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist