RPS Group profit up on N.American shale, UK property recovery
Feb 27 (Reuters) - RPS Group, an infrastructure and resources consultant, posted a 5 percent jump in full-year profit, benefiting from the North American shale gas boom and a recovery in the commercial property sector in Britain.
London-listed RPS Group, which advises companies in the property, transport, nuclear and oil and gas sectors, said a slowdown in the Australian resources sector had meant a substantial decline in profit at its Australia-Asia Pacific unit.
Profit before tax and amortisation rose to 63 million pounds ($104.8 million) in the year ended Dec. 31, compared with 60.1 million pounds a year earlier. Revenue increased 2 percent to 567.6 million pounds for the period.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian parliament gunman acted alone: police |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement