STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Transnordestina seeks to become publicly listed company
Transnordestina Logística SA, the railway unit of Brazilian steelmaking giant Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA, on Thursday asked securities industry watchdog CVM for permission to register as a publicly listed company, a step that often precedes issuance of new debt or shares.
The company, which has about 113 railcars and 3,601 km (2,250 miles) of railways under management, of which about 1,500 km remains under construction, is based in the northeastern Brazilian city of Fortaleza. The company was created by CSN, as the steel company is known, in 1998.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |