TD Bank profit climbs on wholesale banking, raises dividend
TORONTO Feb 27 (Reuters) - Toronto-Dominion Bank said on Thursday its first-quarter profit rose 15 percent on the back of stronger wholesale banking income, and the lender boosted its dividend by 9 percent.
The bank, Canada's second-largest, earned C$2.04 billion, or C$1.07 a share, in the fiscal quarter ended Jan. 31.
That compared with a year-before profit of C$1.78 billion, or 93 Canadian cents a share.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data