Russia agrees to protect Ukraine's Yanukovich on Russian territory-Ifax
MOSCOW Feb 27 (Reuters) - Russia has agreed to ensure the personal safety of Ukraine's Viktor Yanukovich, Russian news agencies quoted a source in the authorities as saying on Thursday.
"In connection with the appeal by president Yanukovich for his personal security to be guaranteed, I report that the request has been granted on the territory of the Russian Federation," the source was quoted as saying by Interfax news agency.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead