Russia agrees to protect Ukraine's Yanukovich on Russian territory-Ifax
MOSCOW Feb 27 (Reuters) - Russia has agreed to ensure the personal safety of Ukraine's Viktor Yanukovich, Russian news agencies quoted a source in the authorities as saying on Thursday.
"In connection with the appeal by president Yanukovich for his personal security to be guaranteed, I report that the request has been granted on the territory of the Russian Federation," the source was quoted as saying by Interfax news agency.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command