Ukraine approves new government lineup
KIEV Feb 27 (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliament approved Oleksander Shlapak, a former economy minister and ex-deputy head of the central bank, as the country's new finance minister on Thursday.
It also confirmed Andriy Deshchitsya as acting foreign minister and Ihor Tenyukh as acting defence minister - they take on their roles on an interim basis because they are named by the president but Ukraine currently has only an interim president.
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane