YRC Worldwide swings to profit as regional shipment revenue rises
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc swung to a small profit in the fourth quarter as operating revenue in its regional transportation business rose 10 percent, sending its shares up about 7 percent in premarket trading.
Revenue for the quarter ended Dec. 31 rose 3 percent to $1.21 billion from a year earlier.
The company earned $400,000 in the quarter, compared with a net loss of $35.3 million a year earlier.
On a per-share basis, net loss narrowed to $1.71 from $4.53.
YRC's shares closed at $22.63 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound