Textile services provider Berendsen posts higher profit
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Berendsen Plc, which rents and launders textile products, said full-year pretax profit rose 23 percent due largely to higher operating margins at its core Workwear unit.
The company, which counts Coca-Cola Europe, Tesco and Airbus among its customers, said pretax profit rose to 112.4 million pounds ($187.4 million) for the year ended Dec. 31 from 91.7 million pounds a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7 percent to 1.05 billion pounds.
Analysts on average were expecting pretax profit of 133.27 million pounds on revenue of 1.05 billion pounds, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Results for the year earlier were restated following the adoption of new accounting standards, Berendsen said.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |