Textile services provider Berendsen posts higher profit
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Berendsen Plc, which rents and launders textile products, said full-year pretax profit rose 23 percent due largely to higher operating margins at its core Workwear unit.
The company, which counts Coca-Cola Europe, Tesco and Airbus among its customers, said pretax profit rose to 112.4 million pounds ($187.4 million) for the year ended Dec. 31 from 91.7 million pounds a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7 percent to 1.05 billion pounds.
Analysts on average were expecting pretax profit of 133.27 million pounds on revenue of 1.05 billion pounds, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Results for the year earlier were restated following the adoption of new accounting standards, Berendsen said.
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Dozens killed in fierce fighting in eastern Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak