Brazil's BRF to invest $646 million in 2014
SAO PAULO Feb 28 (Reuters) - Brazil's BRF SA, the world's largest poultry exporter and a processed food maker, expects to invest 1.5 billion reais ($646 million) in 2014, Chief Financial Officer Leopoldo Saboya said on Friday.
Executives, speaking on a conference call with analysts, said future investments would be geared toward improving the company's logistics rather than ramping up production. The executives said "fragile points" in logistics had caused BRF to miss some deliveries last quarter.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week