Mexico attorney general to discuss Citigroup, Oceanografia loans
MEXICO CITY Feb 28 (Reuters) - Mexico's attorney general's office will hold a news conference on Friday morning to discuss loans between oil services contractor Oceanografia and Banamex, the local unit of U.S. bank Citigroup.
Citigroup earlier on Friday said it would reduce its previously reported 2013 profit by $235 million after uncovering fraud at its Banamex unit.
The fraud was discovered by Citi and Mexico's state-owned oil company Pemex, following an investigation by Pemex into some of its contracts with Oceanografia.
A Pemex official said the company would also be participating in the news conference.
- Pressure for ceasefire grows in week-old Gaza war |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources