Two Chinese companies express interest for Finmeccanica units
MILAN Feb 28 (Reuters) - China CNR Corporation and Insigma have expressed interest in buying Finmeccanica's rail unit Ansaldo STS and loss-making train manufacturer Ansaldo Breda, the Chinese companies said in an emailed statement on Friday.
The state-owned Italian group put its rail and other non-core assets up for sale more than two years ago in a bid to cut debt and focus on its core aerospace and defence businesses.
The statement, which gave no financial details, said Shanghai-listed CNR and Insigma aimed to invest and relaunch the Finmeccanica units, keeping job levels and manufacturing operations in Italy.
They added they did not rule out joining forces with an Italian partner in the possible acquisition. (Reporting by Danilo Masoni, editing by Silvia Aloisi)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act