Mattel to buy Canada's Mega Brands for about $460 mln
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Toy company Mattel Inc said it offered to buy Canada's Mega Brands Inc for about $460 million, including debt.
Mattel will pay C$17.75 per Mega Brands share, representing a premium of 36 percent to the stock's close on Thursday.
Mega Brands makes construction toys, games and puzzles and arts and crafts. The company's brands include MEGA Bloks, Rose Art and MEGA Puzzles.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM