Pirelli sells steelcord business to Bekaert for 255 mln euros
MILAN Feb 28 (Reuters) - Italian tyremaker Pirelli said on Friday it had agreed to sell all of its steelcord business to Belgium's Bekaert in a deal worth around 255 million euros ($348.88 million).
In a statement, Pirelli said its exit from the business would allow it to focus on its higher-margin premium tyre business.
The deal includes all five Pirelli steel cord facilities in Italy, Turkey, Romania, China and Brazil.
Closing is expected in the second half of the year, it said.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source