Fed's Evans says about one-quarter of drop in jobless rate is cyclical
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - A senior Federal Reserve official said on Friday that about one-quarter of the reduction in the U.S. unemployment rate was due to cyclical factors.
Chicago Fed President Charles Evans made the remark at a conference in New York. The U.S. unemployment rate hit a new five-year low of 6.6 percent in January.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor