Russia's Duma says legitimate election impossible in Ukraine now -Interfax
MOSCOW, March 1
MOSCOW, March 1 (Reuters) - The council of the Russian Duma, the lower house of the parliament, said on Saturday that a legitimate and democratic election in Ukraine is impossible at present, the news agency Interfax cited a statement issued by the council as saying on Saturday.
The Duma Council regarded the situation in Ukraine as an acute political crisis, the agency said.
"In these circumstances, holding legitimate and democratic elections is impossible," the agency said, citing the statement.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |