Avalanche engulfs Montana home, injuring boy and leaving two people missing
Feb 28 (Reuters) - An avalanche engulfed a two-story house in a mountainside neighborhood in Missoula, Montana, on Friday, injuring an 8-year-old child at the home and leaving two elderly people who were with him missing, police said.
The boy was rescued and taken to a nearby hospital shortly after the snow slide occurred at about 4 p.m. local time, but the two adults were believed to remain trapped in the snow, city police Sergeant Travis Welsh said. (Reporting by Laura Zuckerman; Writing by Steve Gorman; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- U.S. attorney general headed for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |