Ukraine wants international monitors at nuclear plants
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliament called for international monitors to help protect its nuclear power plants on Sunday as tension mounted with Russia.
Hryhoriy Nemyria, a member of parliament, said the assembly appealed to the signatories of a 1994 nuclear treaty that guaranteed Ukraine's safety -- including the United States, the United Kingdom and Russia.
(Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria