REFILE-Buffett: Berkshire prefers to keep buying big businesses -CNBC
March 3 (Reuters) - Berkshire Hathaway head Warren Buffett on Monday said that he preferred to keep buying large operating businesses to build the company for the future.
"Our preference at Berkshire is to keep buying big operating businesses," the billionaire investor said in an interview on CNBC. "In terms of building Berkshire for the long term, we just like adding earning power, big chunks of earning power."
However, he added that stock holdings were "generally for very long term."
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound