Hedge fund manager Dan Loeb scores 4.4 percent gain in February
BOSTON, March 3
BOSTON, March 3 (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb's flagship Third Point Offshore Fund, scored a 4.4 percent gain last month thanks in part to double digit gains at Dow Chemical Co., one of his biggest holdings, two people familiar with the returns said on Monday.
The gains in February helped erase small losses at the start of the year when the stock market stumbled. Loeb's fund is now up 2.4 percent for the year.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand