Statoil successfully tests Tanzania well
OSLO, March 3
OSLO, March 3 (Reuters) - Norway's Statoil successfully tested its Zafarani reservoir offshore Tanzania in a key step for offshore development and onshore LNG production, it said on Monday.
"The Zafarani-2 operation tested two separate intervals and flowed at a maximum of 66 million standard cubic feet of gas per day, constrained by equipment, and confirmed good reservoir quality and connectivity," Statoil said in a statement.
Statoil has 65 percent of the licence while ExxonMobil holds the remaining 35 percent.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website