U.S. Supreme Court agrees to hear Omnicare securities case
WASHINGTON, March 3
WASHINGTON, March 3 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court agreed on Monday to hear an appeal filed by Omnicare Inc., the leading U.S. provider of pharmacy services to the elderly, in a securities class action case filed by investors who say the company made untrue statements prior to a public offering.
Plaintiffs who subscribed to the December 2005 offering sued after whistleblower lawsuits claimed the company paid kickbacks to nursing homes and received kickbacks from drug companies.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey