BMW CEO says mulls building new factory
GENEVA, March 4
GENEVA, March 4 (Reuters) - BMW Chief Executive Norbert Reithofer said the German company is considering building a new factory on growing demand for its premium cars.
"If you keep growing, you have to at some point say we need a new factory," Reithofer said on Tuesday at the Geneva auto show. "We are thinking about it."
Reithofer added the BMW brand has had 9 percent more deliveries so far in 2014 than in the year-earlier period, while the increase across the group was 6.5 percent.
"We had a very satisfactory start to the year."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |