Scotiabank profit climbs on domestic lending, wealth
TORONTO, March 4
TORONTO, March 4 (Reuters) - Bank of Nova Scotia said on Tuesday that its quarterly profit rose 6 percent on higher domestic lending and wealth management income, and it raised its quarterly dividend.
Net income for Scotiabank, Canada's No. 3 lender, was C$1.71 billion, or C$1.32 a share, in the first quarter ended Jan. 31, compared with C$1.61 billion, or C$1.24 a share, a year earlier.
The bank boosted its quarterly dividend by 2 Canadian cents, or 3.2 percent, to 64 Canadian cents a share.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine