REFILE-Teletech buys Bulgarian outsourcing company Sofica
SOFIA, March 4 (Reuters) - Customer services group Teletech Holdings has acquired Bulgarian outsourcing company Sofica Group for an undisclosed sum, it said on Tuesday.
Sofica Group's 800 staff in Bulgaria and Macedonia will provide customer services in more than 18 languages for Teletech's clients, the U.S. group said in a statement.
Outsourcing of IT and business services is a growing sector in the European Union's poorest country, with investors attracted by cheap labour with strong language skills. The number of people employed in outsourcing increased by about 20 percent to more than 20,000 last year.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade