UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Wednesday, March 5
LONDON, March 5
LONDON, March 5 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 11 points, or 0.2 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial spreadbetter IG.
* The UK blue chip index closed 1.7 percent higher at 6,823.77 points on Tuesday, boosted by the perception that tensions between Russia and Ukraine were easing and robust earnings.
* BARCLAYS : The bank's chief executive, Antony Jenkins, says lower pay would have meant clients and employees would have been less likely to use Barclays, The Telegraph wrote on Wednesday.
* Britain's Markit/CIPS Services PMI survey for February, due to be published at 0928 GMT, is expected to come in at 58, compared to 58.3 in the previous month.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
STANDARD CHARTERED PLC FINAL
ADMIRAL GROUP PLC PRELIM
LEGAL & GENERAL GROUP PLC PRELIM
BBA AVIATION PLC PRELIM
MELROSE INDUSTRIES PLC PRELIM
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds