CANADA STOCKS-TSX little changed as focus stays on Ukraine
TORONTO, March 5 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Wednesday, with advances in bank shares offset by weakness in energy shares, as the market remained focused on the situation in Ukraine and digested sluggish economic data from the United States. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 14.31 points, or 0.10 percent, at 14,304.17. Six of the 10 main sectors on the index were in the red.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |