Turnaround specialist Melrose's profit jumps on Elster buy
March 5 (Reuters) - Engineering turnaround specialist Melrose Industries full-year headline pretax profit almost doubled, boosted by the acquisition of Elster, which makes meters for measuring gas, water and electricity consumption.
Melrose, which follows a private equity type model of buy, improve and sell, said profit in Elster, acquired in 2012, increased by over a third in the first full year of ownership.
Pretax profit for the year ended Dec. 31 increased to 226.1 million pounds ($377 million) from 117.9 million pounds. Revenue rose about 65 percent to 1.7 billion pounds.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |