Novartis says will appeal 92 mln euro cartel fine in Italy
ZURICH, March 5
ZURICH, March 5 (Reuters) - Novartis said it will appeal against a 92 million euro ($126.4 million) fine levied in Italy over alleged anti-competitive practices relating to its eye drug Lucentis and crosstown rival Roche's cancer drug Avastin.
"Novartis will use its legal rights of defense according to due process and will appeal," Novartis said in a statement on Wednesday.
"We strongly deny allegations about anti-competitive practices between Novartis and Roche in Italy." ($1 = 0.7277 euros) (Reporting by Katharina Bart; Editing by David Holmes)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Alice, steampunk and a false name: enigma of an American jailed in North Korea
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'