Novartis says will appeal 92 mln euro cartel fine in Italy
ZURICH, March 5
ZURICH, March 5 (Reuters) - Novartis said it will appeal against a 92 million euro ($126.4 million) fine levied in Italy over alleged anti-competitive practices relating to its eye drug Lucentis and crosstown rival Roche's cancer drug Avastin.
"Novartis will use its legal rights of defense according to due process and will appeal," Novartis said in a statement on Wednesday.
"We strongly deny allegations about anti-competitive practices between Novartis and Roche in Italy." ($1 = 0.7277 euros) (Reporting by Katharina Bart; Editing by David Holmes)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC