Cineworld reports 19 pct fall in full-year profit
March 6 (Reuters) - Britain's largest cinema operator Cineworld Group Plc said full-year pretax profit fell 19.3 percent, hurt by transaction and reorganisation costs related to a recent acquisition and a regulatory probe.
Cineworld said pretax profit fell to 30.9 million pounds ($51.7 million) in the year ended Dec. 26, from 38.3 million pounds a year earlier.
Revenue rose 13.2 percent to 406.1 million pounds at the only listed cinema chain in the UK.
Shares in the Chiswick, London-based company closed at 309.25 pence on Wednesday on the London Stock Exchange.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief