Cineworld reports 19 pct fall in full-year profit
March 6 (Reuters) - Britain's largest cinema operator Cineworld Group Plc said full-year pretax profit fell 19.3 percent, hurt by transaction and reorganisation costs related to a recent acquisition and a regulatory probe.
Cineworld said pretax profit fell to 30.9 million pounds ($51.7 million) in the year ended Dec. 26, from 38.3 million pounds a year earlier.
Revenue rose 13.2 percent to 406.1 million pounds at the only listed cinema chain in the UK.
Shares in the Chiswick, London-based company closed at 309.25 pence on Wednesday on the London Stock Exchange.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand