Hedge fund nominates six directors to Cliffs' board
March 6 (Reuters) - Activist investor Casablanca Capital LP said on Thursday it sent a letter to Cliffs Natural Resources Inc nominating six directors for election to the company's board at its annual meeting in May.
The director slate includes several mining and metals industry executives, as well as Casablanca chief executive Douglas Taylor, the fund said in a statement. Casablanca owns about 5.2 percent of Cliffs.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers