Icahn says has 'not yet begun to fight' eBay in push to spin off PayPal
March 6 (Reuters) - Activist investor Carl Icahn told eBay Inc shareholders on Thursday he has "not yet begun to fight" in his push to get the e-commerce company to spin off its PayPal payments unit.
Icahn, in his latest letter to shareholders, said a spinoff "could allow two separate management teams to focus more closely on the core businesses" and could also "provide a more compelling currency to attract top talent to the respective companies."
An eBay spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Alice, steampunk and a false name: enigma of an American jailed in North Korea
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'