Greek unemployment dips marginally to 27.5 pct in December
ATHENS, March 6
ATHENS, March 6 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate dipped marginally to 27.5 percent in December from a downwardly revised 27.6 percent the previous month, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The reading, more than twice the euro zone's average of 12 percent in December and still hovering around record highs, reflects the impact of Greece's six-year, austerity-fuelled recession.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command