Merck KGaA says confident AZ takeover to be wrapped up in H1
FRANKFURT, March 6
FRANKFURT, March 6 (Reuters) - The chief executive of German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA, Karl-Ludwig Kley, said he was confident the planned takeover of Britain's AZ Electronic Materials could be completed in the first half of this year, speaking to a press conference on Thursday.
Merck extended the offer period for the proposed deal for a fourth time last month, awaiting approval from Chinese antitrust regulators.
Talks with Chinese officials were constructive, Kley added.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |