Broadcaster RTL posts higher profit for 2013
FRANKFURT, March 6
FRANKFURT, March 6 (Reuters) - European broadcaster RTL Group on Thursday posted a 6.9 percent rise in 2013 core earnings excluding special items, mainly driven by its German business.
Earnings before interest, tax and amortisation (EBITA), excluding special items, rose to 1.152 billion euros ($1.58 billion). In November the company had predicted that EBITA would be on a par with last year's 1.08 billion euros.
Revenue for the year fell 1.8 percent to 5.889 billion euros, the group said. ($1 = 0.7278 euros) (Reporting by Kirsti Knolle; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |