Broadcaster RTL posts higher profit for 2013
FRANKFURT, March 6
FRANKFURT, March 6 (Reuters) - European broadcaster RTL Group on Thursday posted a 6.9 percent rise in 2013 core earnings excluding special items, mainly driven by its German business.
Earnings before interest, tax and amortisation (EBITA), excluding special items, rose to 1.152 billion euros ($1.58 billion). In November the company had predicted that EBITA would be on a par with last year's 1.08 billion euros.
Revenue for the year fell 1.8 percent to 5.889 billion euros, the group said. ($1 = 0.7278 euros) (Reporting by Kirsti Knolle; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |