Broadcaster RTL posts higher profit for 2013
FRANKFURT, March 6
FRANKFURT, March 6 (Reuters) - European broadcaster RTL Group on Thursday posted a 6.9 percent rise in 2013 core earnings excluding special items, mainly driven by its German business.
Earnings before interest, tax and amortisation (EBITA), excluding special items, rose to 1.152 billion euros ($1.58 billion). In November the company had predicted that EBITA would be on a par with last year's 1.08 billion euros.
Revenue for the year fell 1.8 percent to 5.889 billion euros, the group said. ($1 = 0.7278 euros) (Reporting by Kirsti Knolle; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |