STXNEWS LATAM-Banco do Brasil submits post office accord to antitrust watchdog
Banco do Brasil SA, the nation's largest lender, submitted late on Wednesday to anti-trust watchdog Cade the terms of a merger with a lender controlled by Empresa Brasileira de Correios e Telégrafos SA, Brazil's post office, according to a securities filing.
The submission is part of a process by which companies in a merger put the deal under Cade's analysis for its approval.
According to the filing, the accord will allow Banco do Brasil to broaden the portfolio of services offered in association with Banco Postal, as the post office lender is known. Apart from Cade's approval, the deal still requires clearance from other regulatory agencies.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |