Taiwan cbank chief says hopes to sign yuan swap deal late this year
TAIPEI, March 6
TAIPEI, March 6 (Reuters) - Taiwan's central bank governor said on Thursday he hopes to sign a yuan swap deal with mainland China late in 2014.
Governor Perng Fai-nan made the comment in a legislative session, without elaborating immediately.
Taiwan has signed a yuan clearing agreement with Beijing, as the island aims to becoming an offshore hub for the yuan.
(Reporting by Jeanny Kao; Writing by Faith Hung)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York