Taiwan cbank chief says hopes to sign yuan swap deal late this year
TAIPEI, March 6
TAIPEI, March 6 (Reuters) - Taiwan's central bank governor said on Thursday he hopes to sign a yuan swap deal with mainland China late in 2014.
Governor Perng Fai-nan made the comment in a legislative session, without elaborating immediately.
Taiwan has signed a yuan clearing agreement with Beijing, as the island aims to becoming an offshore hub for the yuan.
(Reporting by Jeanny Kao; Writing by Faith Hung)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |