U.S. fighter jets to fly to Poland for training drill:reports
WARSAW, March 6
WARSAW, March 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. military is sending 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland for a training exercise, Polish media reported on Thursday.
The jets will arrive at the Lask base, in central Poland, on Monday, the online versions of the Gazeta Wyborcza and Rzeczpospolita newspapers reported. A Polish defence ministry spokesman said he could not confirm the reports.
The Pentagon said on Wednesday it would intensify defence training with Poland in the light of the crisis in neighbouring Ukraine.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped