UK financier Hands drops U.S. lawsuit vs Citigroup over EMI
NEW YORK, March 7
NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - British financier Guy Hands has ended his long-running U.S. lawsuit accusing Citigroup Inc of defrauding him into buying music company EMI Group Ltd , but he retained the right to pursue the case in England.
In a Friday filing with the U.S. district court in Manhattan, Citigroup and Hands' private equity firm, Terra Firma Capital Partners, jointly agreed to the voluntary dismissal of the U.S. case, "without prejudice to plaintiffs' rights to re-file those claims in England."
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |