UK financier Hands drops U.S. lawsuit vs Citigroup over EMI
NEW YORK, March 7
NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - British financier Guy Hands has ended his long-running U.S. lawsuit accusing Citigroup Inc of defrauding him into buying music company EMI Group Ltd , but he retained the right to pursue the case in England.
In a Friday filing with the U.S. district court in Manhattan, Citigroup and Hands' private equity firm, Terra Firma Capital Partners, jointly agreed to the voluntary dismissal of the U.S. case, "without prejudice to plaintiffs' rights to re-file those claims in England."
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |