UK financier Hands drops U.S. lawsuit vs Citigroup over EMI
NEW YORK, March 7
NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - British financier Guy Hands has ended his long-running U.S. lawsuit accusing Citigroup Inc of defrauding him into buying music company EMI Group Ltd , but he retained the right to pursue the case in England.
In a Friday filing with the U.S. district court in Manhattan, Citigroup and Hands' private equity firm, Terra Firma Capital Partners, jointly agreed to the voluntary dismissal of the U.S. case, "without prejudice to plaintiffs' rights to re-file those claims in England."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel